Dr. Stavros Demos is currently a Staff Scientist at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory in Livermore, CA within the Condensed Matter and Materials Division. Dr. Demos also holds the position as a Professional Researcher at the Department of Urology, University of California, Davis. His training is in Physics where he received his B.S. from the University of Ioannina, Greece and his Ph.D. from the City University of New York.
Dr. Demos' research focuses on the following:
- Interaction of lasers with optical materials,
- Nonradiative processes in laser materials,
- Optical properties of defects in high power laser materials,
- Laser material processing,
- Laser-induced damage in optical materials,
- Photonic applications in medicine,
- Subsurface imaging and lesion assessment in tissues, and
- Optical methods for in vivo tissue diagnostics.
- Hyperspectral and time resolved microscopy
To read more, please click on https://www.llnl.gov/str/Demos.html and
Published Writing and/or Creative Activities:
Journal articles :92 (abbreviated list below)
Chapters / Articles in Books: 101
Abstracts and Presentations: more than 150
Abbreviated List of Publications:
1. R. A. Negres, M. D. Feit, and S. G. Demos, "Dynamics of material modifications following laser-breakdown in bulk fused silica", Optics Express, in press.
2. B. Lin, S. Urayama, R. M. G. Saroufeem, D. L. Matthews, S. G. Demos, "Real-time microscopic imaging of esophageal epithelial disease with autofluorescence under ultraviolet excitation", Optics Express, 17, 12502-12509, 2009.
3. Rajesh N. Raman, Christopher D. Pivetti, Alexander M. Rubenchik, Dennis L. Matthews, Christoph Troppmann, and Stavros G. Demos, "Evaluation of the contribution of the renal capsule and cortex to kidney autofluorescence intensity under ultraviolet excitation", Journal Biomedical Optics, 14, 020505-1, 2009.
4. Negres, R. A., M. W. Burke, P. P. DeMange, S. B. Sutton,, M. D. Feit, and S. G. Demos, "Evaluation of UV absorption coefficient in laser-modified fused silica," Applied Physics 90, 061115 (2007).
5. Lieber, C., S. Urayama, N. Rahim, R. Tu, R. Saroufeem, B. Reubner, and S. Demos, "Multimodal near infrared spectral imaging as an exploratory tool for dysplastic esophageal lesion identification," Optics Express14, 2211-2219 (2006).
6. DeMange, P., R. A. Negres, A. M. Rubenchik, H. B. Radousky, M. D. Feit, and S. G. Demos, "Understanding and predicting the damage performance of KDxH2-xPO4 crystals under simultaneous exposure to 532- and 355-nm pulses," Applied Physics Letters 89, 181922 (2006).
7. Demos, S. G., A. J. Vogel, and A. H. Gandjbakhche, "Advances in Optical Spectroscopy and Imaging of Breast Lesions," Journal of Mammary Gland Biology and Neoplasia 11, 165-181 (2006).
8. Jason T. Fitzgerald, Andromachi Michalopoulou, Christopher D. Pivetti , Rajesh N. Raman, Christoph Troppmann, Stavros G. Demos, "Real-time Assessment of in vivo Renal Ischemia Using Laser Autofluorescence Imaging", Journal of Biomedical Optics, 10, 044018 1-7, 2005.
9. Stavros G. Demos, Regina Gandour-Edwards, Rajen Ramsamooj, Ralph deVere White, "Spectroscopic detection of bladder cancer using near infrared imaging techniques",. Journal of Biomedical Optics 9, 767-771, 2004.
10. C.W. Carr, H.B. Radousky, A.M. Rubenchik, M.D. Feit, S.G. Demos "Localized dynamics during laser-induced damage in optical materials", Physical Review Letters, 92, 087401-1, 2004.
Selected Patents Highlighted out of 20:
Patent application title: SIMULTANEOUS ACQUISITION OF DIFFERING IMAGE TYPES
Read more: http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20080267472#ixzz0nYqnfi3V
Patent application number: 20100020319
Patent application title: PORTABLE LASER SYNTHESIZER FOR HIGH-SPEED MULTI-DIMENSIONAL SPECTROSCOPY
Read more: http://www.faqs.org/patents/app/20100020319#ixzz0nYq9PR2Q
Stavros Demos, PhD
Condensed Matter and Materials Division
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Livermore, California, 94550
Tel: (925) 423-3388